Have some questions?
Make a quick search to solve the mystery
Frequently Asked Questions
Applying to Uhall
- I’ve been admitted. Do I get to choose my room?
Yes, all newly admitted students will be able to choose their rooms after joining the orientation camp.
- I’ve been offered an interview. Is this normal?
Yes, we interview all applicants.
- When will I be able to check my application results?
All new applicants will be able to check their application results by the end of August.
- Where can I find more information about the University Hall?
You can find more information about our hall on this website. However, you can also contact us via email for more information. We will reply as soon as possible.
- Where can I apply?
For application, please click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page. Upon clicking the button, you will be redirected to CEDARS, where you can start your application procedure within a specified time period (usually between May and August). More information about the application period can be found here: http://www.ase.hku.hk/.
- I missed the application deadline. Can I still apply?
Unfortunately, we do not accept any more applications after the deadline. However, if you are in urgent need of accommodation, please contact us via email. We are more than willing to help you.
- Do the hall fees include the air-conditioning fee?
All residents on A floor will be asked to pay for the air-conditioning fee in a lump sum at the beginning of the semester. However, all residents on either B floor or C floor will need to pay according to their usage.
- Do the hall fees include meal tickets?
Yes, all residents are required to pay for meal tickets in advance.
- How much is the hall fee?
For more information about the hall fee, please refer to the hall fees payment regulations above.
- How do I wash my clothes in the hall?
We have two washing machines and two driers, for the use of which there will be a small charge.
- I have a dietary restriction. Will I get a separate menu during a High Table Dinner?
Yes, we always provide separate menus for people with dietary restrictions.
- Does the canteen offer vegetarian options?
Yes, our canteen offers vegetarian options every day.
- Does the canteen offer halal menus?
Yes, our canteen offers halal menus every day.
- Is it allowed to take wedding photos/other photo shoot at the hall?
Taking wedding photos and any other photo shoot activities at our hall are allowed only with the express permission of the hall office. Please contact our hall office for seeking prior approval.
- I would like to visit the hall. What should I do?
For hall visit, please contact our hall office via email.
We are eager to hear from you!
Freshmen, alumni, exchange students, public organizations, partners, and all members of the public!
Phone: 2551 0542
Copyright © 1956-2023 University Hall, The University of Hong Kong. All rights reserved.